1. He grew the most remarkable goatee.
2. He believed that we should learn to live more on staircases.
3. He wrote a palindrome of more than 5,000 characters.
4. He kept an inventory of everything he ingested in the year 1974.
5. He listed his address as, “Georges Perec, 18 Rue de l’Assomption, Staircase A, Third Floor, Right-hand door, Paris 16e, Siene, France, Europe, The World, The Universe.”
6. He contemplated crossing Paris using only streets that began with the letter ‘c’.
7. He had as one of his ambitions to get drunk with Malcom Lowry.
9. His defined writing in this way: “To try meticulously to retain something; to cause something to survive; to wrest a few scraps from the void as it grows; to leave somewhere a furrow, a trace, a mark, or a few signs.”
I owe a debt of gratitude to TC for introducing him to me.